We aren't triggering today. Let me back up...
It seems that measurements yesterday (or today) were off... On my right today they don't see any over 10mm, whereas yesterday they saw 2 at 9 and 10.
On my left it seems the big 20.33mm one from yesterday is now 20.47mm, not much growth over night. The others are: 17.69, 14.59, 14.26 - so some have shrunk? Or measured differently? I don't know. At any rate our doctor feels -- and I agree -- that it's worth waiting for those 14s to catch up a bit so while I could have triggered today, we're going to wait another day and see what we can do with the little'uns.
So we're looking at 4 mature eggs in a best case, but possibly will have to sacrifice the one (I am told that anything over 23 is probably "over-ripe"). I want those 14s over 16mm for best chance at maturity.
Bloods:
E2 414
LH 0.21
P4 0.45
Back for more monitoring tomorrow.
You need a lot of help when you're trying to have a baby with DOR and a Vasectomy
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Saturday, July 5, 2014
Monitoring #2
Looks like we've got a couple of new friends from the right ovary showing up to play... Maybe... Two more! Okay so they're still pretty small with one hovering around 10mm, but they're there.
On the left our forerunner is already at 20 (growing about 6mm in two days) with the other 3 following a little behind at 15 and under and 1 more still less than 10mm.
They want me back tomorrow to take another look. The question is... Do we trigger tomorrow and waste all the little ones, or do we sacrifice the big one and trigger on Monday so we can reap the rest in their prime? We'll find out in the morning I guess. :/
Edited to add specific measurements:
Left: 20.33, 15.81, 15.20, 11.67
Right: 10.16
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Numbers
Finally, 30 minutes before Doctors office closes for the weekend, I get my results...
E2 158
LH 2.9
P4 0.34
Per my (stand-in) nurse my (stand-in) doctor says that these levels are consistent with the number of follies we're seeing and also look like we're going to have some time to stim a bit longer and try to get another straggler or two to catch up with my top 4 follies.
At this point it really is sounding like we won't trigger until Monday, but I won't really know for sure until Sat monitoring appointment.
Meds will remain unchanged.
OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! Let one or two more catch up!!!
E2 158
LH 2.9
P4 0.34
Per my (stand-in) nurse my (stand-in) doctor says that these levels are consistent with the number of follies we're seeing and also look like we're going to have some time to stim a bit longer and try to get another straggler or two to catch up with my top 4 follies.
At this point it really is sounding like we won't trigger until Monday, but I won't really know for sure until Sat monitoring appointment.
Meds will remain unchanged.
OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! Let one or two more catch up!!!
Clearly I'm a Nutjob
Four. That's all I have.
My right ovary decided to go on vacation. I had 6 antrals on that side, but not 1 decided to join the party. Left side had a better response with 4 out of 5 growing, but still... of 11 possibles all I have are 4 at this point.
Sizes: 13, 11, 10 and 9. The 5th is hanging around 6 and COULD still show up for me, but it will be a ways behind the others and probably not mature. On the right side all 6 are between 4 and 5 and highly unlikely to show up.
Game plan for this weekend is to work on my stress levels, do my fertility yoga for blood flow, guzzle protein shakes and Mr R's big plan is to focus all the shots on my right side... I've explained that this won't make a difference, but I will let him focus on what he thinks will help at this point.
Next monitoring appointment is Saturday, possible trigger on Sunday night, but she says it's likely that we'll wait till Monday to trigger and push the retrieval back a day to Wed 7/9.
Okay, so let's focus on the positives? Last cycle I had 3 follies, 2 on the right which measured 20.52 and 14.87 at retrieval and 1 on the left measuring 14.07 at retrieval. Only one was mature (obvs the 20.52) and while the other two matured over night, they failed to fertilize and arrested on Day 2. This cycle they are closer in size and it's likely that I will have more than 1 over 18mm at retrieval which means a higher likelihood of 4 MATURE eggs and hopefully then 4 fertilized eggs.
Premature question of the day?
IF we have 4 embryos,
1) Do we risk going to day 5 and losing some?
2) And if we have 4 do we still put 3 back? Or do we transfer 2 and save 2?
I need to quit thinking about this.... Meh.
My right ovary decided to go on vacation. I had 6 antrals on that side, but not 1 decided to join the party. Left side had a better response with 4 out of 5 growing, but still... of 11 possibles all I have are 4 at this point.
Sizes: 13, 11, 10 and 9. The 5th is hanging around 6 and COULD still show up for me, but it will be a ways behind the others and probably not mature. On the right side all 6 are between 4 and 5 and highly unlikely to show up.
Game plan for this weekend is to work on my stress levels, do my fertility yoga for blood flow, guzzle protein shakes and Mr R's big plan is to focus all the shots on my right side... I've explained that this won't make a difference, but I will let him focus on what he thinks will help at this point.
Next monitoring appointment is Saturday, possible trigger on Sunday night, but she says it's likely that we'll wait till Monday to trigger and push the retrieval back a day to Wed 7/9.
Okay, so let's focus on the positives? Last cycle I had 3 follies, 2 on the right which measured 20.52 and 14.87 at retrieval and 1 on the left measuring 14.07 at retrieval. Only one was mature (obvs the 20.52) and while the other two matured over night, they failed to fertilize and arrested on Day 2. This cycle they are closer in size and it's likely that I will have more than 1 over 18mm at retrieval which means a higher likelihood of 4 MATURE eggs and hopefully then 4 fertilized eggs.
Premature question of the day?
IF we have 4 embryos,
1) Do we risk going to day 5 and losing some?
2) And if we have 4 do we still put 3 back? Or do we transfer 2 and save 2?
I need to quit thinking about this.... Meh.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Am I Insane?
Last cycle I was largely unaffected by the stims - aside from the daily headaches and one awful migrine, but we think this was the Lupron. Other than that, and a little bloating, nothing. And of the 17 follies I started with, I had only 3 develop, with one of those being a giant leap ahead of the others.
This time is different. Different meds, different protocol and totally different reaction. But I am a little concerned that this might all be in my head. I'm still getting the daily Lupron headaches. But I swear I am feeling bubbling and twinging in my lower abdomen. I am also...well here it is folks... I am super gassy, peeing constantly and super bloated, but continuously thirsty. Today my hips are hurting, like a LOT. It's killing me not knowing what's going on in there. I only had 11 antrals, which really isn't much compared with these ladies who have like 20-40 follies growing, so it's weird to me that I would have this strong of a reaction. I am sure that this must be in my head. My E2 reading gives nothing away.
CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW! I need to see them. I need to know what's going on in there.
This time is different. Different meds, different protocol and totally different reaction. But I am a little concerned that this might all be in my head. I'm still getting the daily Lupron headaches. But I swear I am feeling bubbling and twinging in my lower abdomen. I am also...well here it is folks... I am super gassy, peeing constantly and super bloated, but continuously thirsty. Today my hips are hurting, like a LOT. It's killing me not knowing what's going on in there. I only had 11 antrals, which really isn't much compared with these ladies who have like 20-40 follies growing, so it's weird to me that I would have this strong of a reaction. I am sure that this must be in my head. My E2 reading gives nothing away.
CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW! I need to see them. I need to know what's going on in there.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Monitoring #1
Today was my first post-stim start monitoring appointment. I was excited to see how the follies are looking -- I've had all kinds of weird twinges, bubbling and tenderness in my abdomen this weekend (real or imagined) and I was excited to see what the 11 may look like today. Turns out this was an E2 only appointment. Bleurgh! :(
I just had the call from the nurse. E2 was 48.8 today (lower than the 58.6 I had at my last appointment... isn't that stuff supposed to go up when you start stimming?) But she didn't seem to have any issue with that number so I guess nothing to worry about.
Anyway... Per the doc I continue stims as I have been. 225iu Follistim AM and PM. Micro Lupron 20 units AM and PM. Then on Wed I switch the evening Follistim for 225 Menopur.
Thursday morning I have another monitoring appointment this time with ultrasound. Phew! I am hoping that since I hadn't emptied my bladder enough before baseline u/s that there were more follies there than the nurse could see. Now I am going in there with an empty bladder, and after a week of stims. Hopeful that a few more might magically appear! If not, let's hope that the 11 are growing consistently and all keeping up.
In other news, holy Lupron headaches!! Pounding head all day today and I can't take anything stronger than Tylenol. :( Hope that this time it goes away, but I know from last cycle that these tend to go on for days.
I just had the call from the nurse. E2 was 48.8 today (lower than the 58.6 I had at my last appointment... isn't that stuff supposed to go up when you start stimming?) But she didn't seem to have any issue with that number so I guess nothing to worry about.
Anyway... Per the doc I continue stims as I have been. 225iu Follistim AM and PM. Micro Lupron 20 units AM and PM. Then on Wed I switch the evening Follistim for 225 Menopur.
Thursday morning I have another monitoring appointment this time with ultrasound. Phew! I am hoping that since I hadn't emptied my bladder enough before baseline u/s that there were more follies there than the nurse could see. Now I am going in there with an empty bladder, and after a week of stims. Hopeful that a few more might magically appear! If not, let's hope that the 11 are growing consistently and all keeping up.
In other news, holy Lupron headaches!! Pounding head all day today and I can't take anything stronger than Tylenol. :( Hope that this time it goes away, but I know from last cycle that these tend to go on for days.
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Baseline
All I have today is my antral follicle count which was Rt ovary 6 and Lt ovary 5. Not fabulous but 11 is a decent number and I'll take it. Hoping for 8 eggs at the end of this... You hear me ovaries?? I need 8! (But I'd love it if you shocked the hell out of me with 11.)
Blood results tomorrow.
Lupron begins Thurs. Stims begin Sat.
Game on!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)


