Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Have You Seen This Girl?


Walking through the grocery store yesterday we passed the Western Union desk covered in fliers and advertisements... Who should I see there but this lovely lady on some information about fraud protection. 

It's freaky because even Mr R said "look! We need HER eggs! She looks just like you." I must admit the resemblance to my 20yr old self is quite uncanny... Give her blue eyes and slightly curlier hair and add about 10lbs and that's me at 20! Same face shape. Same mouth. Same nose. Same puffy eyelids and eye shape. Same dimples even! (Things that weren't on my list!)

We then proceeded to scope out every strawberry-blonde, curly headed woman we passed for possible similarities.  We're calling this game Egg Stalking. Mr R is resolved - should we ever see a good match - to ask her if she has ever considered egg donation. Not sure how I feel about this... Is it even legal to approach people on the street for the purposes of soliciting their eggs? 

Those of you who are reviewing donor banks frequently - please let me know if you see anyone who looks like this. Especially if she's Texas based! 

DE is still our Plan B moving forward, but Mr R is growing more comfortable with the idea every day and since I don't have much hope for even one genetically normal blast to come out of our PGS journey I plan to actively continue researching donors.

4 comments:

  1. Ha. My husband and I do something similar. We look on the street. When we see a young chinese girl, he asks me if she is "egg worthy". I would usually say no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy?? Haha We just can't seem to stop.

      Delete
  2. This is pretty funny. My home computer needs a new charger and work's been crazy so I haven't been able to comment, but what I wanted to say earlier to you, is that I don't think it's at all ridiculous that you want someone that looks like you. We're just starting to look at the donor egg banks and the selection is so small, that I think you have to just list your priorities in order of importance and cross your fingers that you get at least 2 of them. It kind of sucks. You could also get someone who looks close to Mr. R and say that the baby got all his genes (that is, if you're not going to tell and you don't have any luck finding a tall curly haired donor). And btw she/you is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily we have time to find the right person as DE is our Plan B moving forward still. But because I know how ridiculously specific I am being I am glad to have the extra time to seek "her" out. Lol thanks for the compliment, but while we have many of the same features, somehow they don't come together in nearly as pretty a package as they do in this model!

      Delete