Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Scheduling Nightmares

Trial is moving forward.  I've been on Desogen BCPs for 10 days now and it's time to schedule the trial-required hysterosonogram and test transfer.  But here's the problem... my clinic is a 2.5 hour drive away and in a very busy part of Houston.  I am a horrible driver.  I am a scaredy cat.  I hate driving in places I don't know.  And I detest traffic.  This is a perfect storm for me.

Add to this the fact that Mr. R is in the middle of a major project at work, requiring incredible amounts of over time, PLUS he attends college two nights a week and has to leave work early to make it to the classes -- already annoying his bosses.

So my options are... go alone, do the HSG and test transfer and drive home alone.  Nurse says it's not at all painful... but I don't know about that.  I have endometriosis and so even the dildo cam hurts a little.

 Does anyone have experience with this combination of tests? What is the pain level afterwards like?  Am I being a big baby?

Since this will be 3 days earlier than they initially listed it on my schedule (they scheduled it on 1/31 in error, forgetting that docs are all in surgery that day) I am hoping that this might bring EVERYTHING forward by 3 days as well.

Right now it looks like this:

1/28 - HSG and Test Transfer  (Previously scheduled for 1/31)
2/4 - Start Lupron
2/7 - Last day of BCP
2/10 - If my body cooperates and gives me a CD1 then U/S E2, LH & FSH
        -  Start assigned study drug (either Gonal F, or Afolia)
2/15 - Labs & u/s
2/17 - Labs & u/s
2/18 - U/s and E2 (am) -- Possible Trigger Day (Ovidrel)
2/20 - Possible retrieval, start Doxycycline
2/23 - Possible transfer day
3/10 - Possible first Beta

My hope is that bringing the HSG up by 3 days will mean they'll let me start the Lupron and drop the BCPs earlier as well.  My mother is in town from Canada and she arrives on 2/5 and leaves on 2/16 it's driving her crazy that she will (as it currently stands) miss the possible retrieval date by a few days.  I am trying to explain to her that this schedule is organic and will change a lot over the coming weeks... if I even GET to retrieval!! But no... we're thinking positively... Of course we'll get to retrieval.  My body loves me right now, remember? haha

Also, not that I am complaining because this is an almost free cycle, but see all those morning u/s and labs?  Well I have to be there at 0730am and to do that I need to leave my house by 5am, and I will STILL get to work 2 hours late on each of those days, and this is a new job so they're trying to be understanding, but that is going to piss them off.  And you know what else?  I don't care.  I don't care at ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment