Thursday, June 20, 2013

Discount IVF Meds



Woohoo!  A little good news today from EMD Serono (remember the Compassionate Care application I submitted for up to 75% discount on my Gonal F and Cetrotide).  I faxed the application paperwork to them on Tuesday evening, and received my card and number, etc today by email.  What a relief! (and such amazingly fast turnaround time.) 

I realize that's just a discount on 2 of the 6 meds I will be needing, but as has been my motto through most of this planning stage, every little bit helps. 

I have discovered that there are two other programs that may offer reduced rates on meds that I need.  Heart + and Design Rx.  However, these two programs are pharmacy specific I am told by my finance rep at the RE.  In other words, only certain pharmacies will accept the discounts, and the pharmacy that my RE prefers (read: is pushing me) to use is not one of them. 

Heart +
This program is, again, not going to save thousands of dollars.  The website states, up to $500 though only one of the meds on my list - Novarel - is covered by this plan, and I have no idea what that costs, so I am quite sure that the full $500 savings won't apply here. Heart + offers eligible patients savings on prescriptions for Bravelle, Menopur, Endometrin and Novarel.




DesignRX
From their website:  DesignRx partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers through its elite network of specialty pharmacies to offer unique programs to help patients with little or no drug coverage. The DesignRx pharmacies are carefully chosen to participate in the network based on their distribution volumes, geographical locations, experience within a given disease state, and overall patient customer service.
I seem to have registered for this one, but really it's all not very clear.  I need to do a bit more digging to try and figure out what it is that I signed up for, as there seems to be some type of membership forum attached to the site as well.  At any rate, they discount Crinone 4 which is on my meds list.

Here's where I could use some help/advice/opinions...

1) Have you ever used either of these programs (Heart + or Design Rx)?  Were they worthwhile?

2)  What pharmacies do you recommend?  My RE likes Freedom Pharmacy but they really push them a lot and I get the feeling that theirs is a mutually beneficial relationship - which usually does not bode well for patient prices.  I don't mind going through multiple pharmacies, I just need to keep the costs as low as possible and I would at least like to have something to compare Freedom to, to make sure that I am getting the best deal.

Any advice from those of you who have walked this road before me would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the UK so not going to be of much use to you but woo hoo for discounted meds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing offer you have shared here. I want to thank you for this helpful post.fertility Medications

    ReplyDelete